Table of Contents
Discover the Top Kitchen Tools and Gadgets to Perfect Your Indian Cooking Skills
If you love cooking and experimenting with different cuisines, then you’ve likely discovered the joys of Indian cuisine. With its complex blend of spices, flavors, and textures, Indian food is a foodie’s dream come true. But to get the most out of your Indian culinary adventures, you need the right tools at your disposal. Luckily, there are plenty of kitchen gadgets out there that can help you spice up your cooking and ensure your dishes are always on point. In this article, we’ll take a look at the must-have kitchen tools and gadgets for preparing delicious Indian dishes, and how they can take your culinary skills to the next level.
Essential Spices and Seasonings
Indian cuisine is known for its intricate combination of flavors and spices. If you’re new to Indian cooking, it can be overwhelming to keep track of all the spices and seasonings you need. Here are some of the essential spices and seasonings you need to have in your pantry to create authentic Indian dishes.
Cumin is a staple spice in Indian cuisine that adds a rich, earthy flavor and aroma to dishes. You can use it to season curries, soups, and stews. Toasting cumin seeds before using them can bring out their flavors even more.
Turmeric is a bright yellow spice with a warm, slightly bitter taste. It can be used to add color to dishes, as well as a distinctive flavor. Turmeric is also believed to have health benefits, such as anti-inflammatory properties.
Coriander is another essential spice in Indian cooking. It has a citrusy, slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with curry dishes. You can use coriander in its ground or seed form, depending on the recipe.
Garam masala is a spice blend that typically includes cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, cumin, and coriander. It adds a warm, sweet, and spiced flavor to dishes and can be used in curries, soups, or as a seasoning for meat and vegetables.
While not a traditional Indian spice, curry powder is a blend of spices commonly used in Indian cuisine. It typically includes a combination of turmeric, coriander, cumin, ginger, and cinnamon. You can use curry powder as a shortcut to add authentic Indian flavors to your dishes.
Mustard seeds are commonly used in Indian pickles and are essential for tempering, a cooking technique used to infuse oil with flavor before adding other ingredients. The seeds have a slightly pungent taste that can enhance the flavor of curries and other spiced dishes.
By having these essential spices and seasonings in your pantry, you’ll be well on your way to creating authentic Indian dishes in your own kitchen. Experiment with different combinations of these spices to find your own favorite flavor profiles and take your Indian cooking skills to the next level.
No products found.
Non-Stick Tawa and Cookware
An essential aspect of Indian cooking is the use of a flat pan or tawa for preparing a variety of dishes, from flatbreads like roti and paratha to Indian-style pancakes or dosa. A non-stick tawa is a must-have in any Indian kitchen, as it allows you to cook with less oil and prevents food from sticking.
In addition to a non-stick tawa, there are a few other essential cookware items that are commonly used in Indian cooking. These include:
- Kadhai: A deep-frying pan that’s perfect for preparing curries, stir-fries, and other dishes with liquid.
- Pressure Cooker: An essential tool for making rice, lentils, and other staples quickly and easily.
- Spice Grinder: A small grinder or mortar and pestle is a must-have for grinding whole spices, such as cumin, coriander, and cardamom. Grinding your own spices yields a fresher and more complex flavor than pre-ground spices.
When choosing your cookware, it’s important to look for high-quality, durable materials that can withstand the high heat and demands of Indian cooking. Stainless steel and cast iron are great options for long-lasting cookware that will stand up to frequent use.
In addition to these must-have cookware items, there are a few other gadgets that can make your Indian cooking even easier:
- Instant Pot: A versatile electric pressure cooker that can cook rice, lentils, and more with the touch of a button.
- Roti Maker: An electric appliance that makes perfect rotis every time, without the need for rolling or flipping.
- Idli Maker: A special steaming tray that’s used to make idlis, a popular South Indian breakfast food.
Overall, having the right cookware and gadgets in your kitchen can make all the difference when it comes to perfecting your Indian cooking skills. With these essential tools, you’ll be able to create delicious, complex flavors and textures that will impress your friends and family.
- Non-stick coating on heavy gauge hard anodized aluminum
- Extra thick for even heating
- Stay cool handle
- Eco-friendly Non-Stick Granite Coating & Super Easy to Clean – Our crepe pan interior is coated by non-stick granite coating, SGS approved, 100% PFOA free. Require less oil or butter for cooking and minimal scrubbing for a spotless clean, giving you a healthier and more enjoyable at-home cooking experience.
- Widely & Easy to Use – With flat surface and wooden spreader, perfect for crepes, tortillas, dosa tawa and more, which make cooking not only easier but also more enjoyable. The heat resistant bakelite handle are suitable for grasping and staying cooling while cooking. Time to upgrade your pots and pans and spruce up your kitchen decor!
- Compatible with All Stovetops – Design with perfect magnetized base makes it rapid heat transfer and long-time use, used effectively on gas, ceramic, electric, and induction stove tops, made for any kitchen and cooktop, an ideal replacement solution for your aging, worn out, or failed cooking equipment.
- Vinod non stick concave Tawa with 3 layer coating
- 28 cm wide for uniform and quick cooking
- Consumes less gas and easy to clean
- Swiss Non-Stick Coating – Imported Swiss ILAG nonstick granite coating, SGS approved. PFOA free, smokeless, safe & healthy. Cooking with little oil for healthy diet.
- Suitable For All Stoves – High magnetic conductive stainless steel base allows the pancake pan to work on all cooktops, including induction. The core of the crepe pan is made of cast aluminium, which is durable and heats up quickly and evenly.
- Perfect Cookware – Large 10-inch diameter makes crepes to suit the biggest appetites; Lipping around the edge to make sure that liquid doesn’t run off, 1/2 inch high side makes the crepe flipping much easier. Perfect for crepes, pancakes, hoe cakes, tortillas, onigiri, and more.
Food Processor and Chopper
If you’ve ever cooked Indian food, you know that it involves a lot of chopping, dicing, and grinding of various ingredients. A food processor and chopper can make these tasks much easier, as they’re designed to handle large quantities of food quickly and efficiently. Here are some ways you can use a food processor and chopper to spice up your Indian cooking:
- Grinding Spices: Many Indian recipes call for a mix of freshly ground spices, and a food processor can create the perfect blend. You can use a food processor to grind whole spices like cinnamon sticks, cloves, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds to a fine powder. By doing this, you can ensure that the spices are evenly mixed, leading to a more flavorful dish.
- Chopping Vegetables: A food processor can be a great timesaver when it comes to chopping vegetables like onions, garlic, and ginger. Instead of chopping these ingredients by hand, simply toss them in the food processor and give them a few pulses until they’re finely chopped.
- Making Sauces and Chutneys: Whether you’re making a smooth tomato sauce or a chunky mango chutney, a food processor or chopper can help you achieve the perfect texture. Simply toss the ingredients into the food processor and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
When choosing a food processor or chopper for Indian cooking, look for one with a powerful motor and a range of blade attachments. You’ll want a processor that can handle tough ingredients like nuts and seeds, and has a blade that can chop everything from fine herbs to chunky vegetables. A larger capacity is also useful when making large batches of Indian dishes.
In summary, a food processor and chopper are essential kitchen tools for anyone looking to spice up their Indian cooking. They can save you time and effort, and help you achieve the perfect blend of flavors and textures in your dishes. With the right food processor or chopper, you’ll be whipping up delicious Indian dishes in no time.
- Simply stack and press to chop: The patented stack & press design makes it easy to assemble and use. Simply press the lid to chop and release to stop. Since all you do is stack the lid on top of the bowl, no difficult twist-locking is needed.
- Perfect size for everyday use: Chop and mix up to 3 cups of ingredients every day of the week with this 3 cup chopper. It’s the perfect size for everyday use, yet small enough for easy storage.
- Easily chop, puree and emulsify with stainless steel blades: Durable stainless steel blades make easy work of a multitude of ingredients including onions, carrots and nuts. Oil dispenser on lid makes it easy to emulsify dressings, dips and sauces.
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: Cuisinart’s 350-watt motor for our 8-cup food processor is for powerful food prep performance. Reversible shredding and slicing discs – medium to fine.Voltage: 220 V
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: 8-cup work bowl with measurement markings, convenient rubberized controls – high, low, off and pulse. Integrated feed tube to add ingredients during processing
- INCLUDED: Food processor work bowl in gunmetal, work bowl cover, chopping blade, instruction manual, recipe booklet with removable dishwasher-safe parts for easy clean up
- EASY STACK & SNAP ASSEMBLY. Unique design requires no difficult twisting and locking, making this one of the best food processors when you’re looking for a food processor that’s very easy to use.
- SIMPLE FUNCTION GUIDE: Eliminates guesswork by showing you which blade to use and which button to press. Chop and puree with the stainless steel S-blade. Shred and slice with the reversible disc.
- 12 CUP SEALED BOWL WITH POUR SPOUT. This large 12 cup food processor comes with a sealed bowl to prevent leaks when processing liquid recipes such as salsa, soups, and dressings.
- MOST POWERFUL KITCHEN FOOD PROCESSOR: The 1000-peak-watt motor can process the toughest ingredients with ease. (under 11-cups, based on rated wattage and listed bowl capacity).
- PRROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE: Dedicated blades and discs deliver restaurant-worthy results. Precisely chop, consistently slice, and evenly mix all in one appliance.
- 4 VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: 4 Auto-iQ intelligent preset programs make food prep easier with 3 speeds – low, high, and pulse. Chop veggies, shred cheese, and make smooth sauces and quick pizza dough or cookie dough from scratch—all at the touch of a button.
Pressure Cooker and Instant Pot
Pressure cookers and instant pots are the latest buzz in kitchen gadgets, and for good reason. These amazing versatile tools are great for preparing a wide range of Indian dishes. They cook food faster than traditional cooking methods, which also helps to retain more of the nutrients and flavor of the ingredients. Here are some of the essential aspects to consider regarding pressure cooking:
Why You Need a Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot:
- Pressure cookers and instant pots are must-haves for Indian cooking enthusiasts. They allow you to prepare dishes quickly without sacrificing flavor and texture.
- These gadgets come with pre-programmed cooking options for different types of dishes such as lentils, meat, chicken, and rice. You can also customize the cooking time for specific dishes, which makes them ideal for experimentation with new recipes.
- They are energy-efficient and eco-friendly because they use less electricity and require less water while cooking.
Choosing the Right Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot:
- When it comes to choosing a pressure cooker, there are a few things to keep in mind. The most important factor is size. Consider your family size, cooking portions, and storage space.
- a quality pressure cooker or instant pot should have at least eight built-in safety features, such as overheat protection and steam release valve. You should also consider a model with a non-stick surface for easy cleaning.
- Another feature to consider is the ease of use. Choose a model with an intuitive control panel, and that comes with a user manual that is easy to understand.
Tips for Using Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot:
- Before cooking, always double-check the quantity of liquid required for the chosen program. Liquids such as broth, coconut milk, or tomato puree help to create the steam pressure that cooks the food.
- Only fill your pressure cooker or instant pot between the minimum and maximum marks to prevent food from overflowing as it cooks.
- Some dishes like biryani, kadhai chicken, or lamb curry can be prepared in layers in the pot. This means placing the grains at the bottom and meat or vegetables on the top layer, but be sure to add enough liquid and avoid too much stirring.
In summary, pressure cookers and instant pots are essential tools for Indian cooking, making meal preparation more efficient and enabling you to cook a wide range of authentic dishes without needing multiple pots. So if you’re an Indian food lover and yet to get an Instant Pot, maybe it’s time to add it to your gadget list.
No products found.
With these essential kitchen tools and gadgets, you will be able to prepare delicious Indian dishes like a pro. Knowing the right spices and seasonings to use, having a non-stick tawa and cookware for perfect cooking, using a food processor and chopper for easy meal preparation, and having a pressure cooker or instant pot for quick and easy cooking will ensure that you can create authentic and flavorful Indian cuisines from the comfort of your own home. So, get ready to impress your taste buds, family, and friends with your newly acquired culinary skills and start cooking with confidence!